At pour, our mission is to enhance people’s leisure time and make hospitality technology accessible to businesses of all sizes.
At its core, pour is an online ordering platform that is simple to use, available to people through one consumer facing app, and affordable for small, medium, and large businesses.
Beyond order and pay, pour helps users plan their leisure time; Pour indexes real-time micro event listings (who is showing the match near me?), uses community recommendations to display a venues true reasons to visit (not what they claim to be good at), and gives users access to exclusive promotions.
Beyond improving business efficiencies by up to 70%, pour helps increase incremental footfall; Pour’s built-in marketing tools expand a venues audience beyond their CRM database and our third-party systems integrations mean there is no complex setup to start accepting online orders.
Pour users can:
- View the digital menu of their chosen venue
- Order items to be delivered to their table or a chosen collection point
- Pay through the app
- Plan their leisure time, view the latest real-time promotions, and take advantage of the best deals in their area
Pour venues can:
- Reduce staff administration time by streamlining the order and payment process, serve more food and beverage products, and maximise revenue
- Own the digital interaction with their customers through their customisable venue hub and interactive menu
- Use integrated event and promotion marketing tools to reach an audience beyond their CRM database and drive incremental footfall to their venue
- Integrate online ordering seamlessly with their existing systems
How and why we started
Paul and Ian founded pour after a night out in July 2019.
They were in Edinburgh’s Cowgate area where Ian queued at a relatively quiet bar for 25 minutes to get served two pints! The problem was everyone ahead of him was ordering individual drinks and it took the bartenders longer to process the order and take the card payments than it did to prep the drinks.
They spent the rest of the evening trying to understand why table ordering through a phone wasn’t an option in any venue you went to, particularly since large chain companies had been talking about the technology for couple of years. They spent the rest of the night exploring the idea and sketching out user flows, that got less and less legible as the drinks flowed.
Consumers don’t want an app for every venue they visit, and they don’t want to spend time away from their group to wait for a drink. Hospitality businesses don’t want high commissions or development costs eating into their revenue, and they don’t want a system that creates additional admin.
At its core, pour is an online ordering platform that is simple to use, available to people through one consumer facing app, and affordable to businesses of all sizes.
How we got here
We’re launching in August to venues across Scotland. Depending on when you read this, we’re either preparing for our launch or scaling beyond our 3 launch towns and cities.
Ian Martin, CEO
Paul Kirkland, CFO
Colin Waddell, Acting CTO