FCA’s Innovate’s Sandbox open for applications
Photo by Prateek Katyal from Pexels
The FCA's Innovate’s Sandbox is currently open for applications until the 31st of December 2019!
As well as looking for applications from innovative businesses wanting to make positive changes in the financial services sector, this year the FCA has highlighted areas where it would like to see innovation. It's particularly interested in receiving applications from firms with propositions that:
- make finance work for everyone – by addressing issues around access, exclusion and vulnerability
- support the UK in the move to a greener economy – by responding to the challenges posed by climate change
- use technology to overcome regulatory challenges – by helping regulated firms comply with their obligations
It's also highlighted 2 specific technology areas where the FCA would like to see more innovation and testing and applications are welcome from:
- federated learning and travelling algorithms
- complex scenario modelling and simulation
For more information on the process, eligibility criteria and lessons from previous Sandbox cohorts please use this link.
It would be great to see more applications coming from the vibrant innovative community in Scotland. Please get in touch if you'd like more information.