Ingenico Group provides merchants with a comprehensive and innovative range of services and solutions that eliminate payment complexity and make purchasing quick, seamless and secure for consumers, whatever the sales channel or payment method.
Our ambition is to facilitate merchants’ transition to multi-channel sales through our comprehensive range of smart terminals, payment services and mobile solutions, covering in-store, online and mobile channels on a global scale. Our innovative and reliable solutions let merchants secure the sale as soon as the consumer has made their purchase decision, and enhance consumer experience.
Our customers benefit from the depth and breadth of our large in-store and online acceptance network, which combines global expertise with local solutions. We connect retailers to all financial institutions and deliver access to the widest portfolio of local, national, international and alternative payment methods.
The business has enjoyed nearly 40 years of success in Fife and is a proud, significant employer in the area. With revenues of over £100million and increasing employee numbers, now around 500 members of staff, the Fife organisation, which serves the UK and the Nordics, has become one of the strongest performing divisions in Ingenico.
Ingenico is dedicated to tackling the skills shortage in the payments industry, both internally through knowledge sharing, and externally via our key role in Scotland’s first Fintech Skills Academy.
- 1980 Ingenico is founded by Jean-Jacques Poutrel and Michel Malhouitre
- 1984 Deployment of the first EMV payment terminal
- 1985 Listing on the Paris stock exchange known as Euronext Paris
- 1987 Ingenico International Pacific Pty Ltd is established in Australia
- 1990s Acquisition of Bull and De La Rue’s payment activities in Fife as well as ePOS in Germany
- 2001 Acquisition of IVI Checkmate Corp in the US
- 2005 Ingenico is the first to obtain online / offline PCI-SSC PIN Entry Device (PED) certification
- 2006 Ingenico starts outsourcing the manufacturing of its terminals. Acquisition of Moneyline / provider of centralised payment solutions in France
- 2007 Acquisition of the Turkish companies Planet Odeme and Planet Elektronic
- 2008 Ingenico becomes the world leader in payment terminals / acquisition of Sagem Monetel. The group expands its presence in China / Investment in Fujian Landi
- 2009 Acquisition of Easycash / payment service provider in Germany. Investment in ROAM data / mobile payment in the US
- 2011 Revenues exceed 1 Billion euros in the Stoxx Europe 600 Index
- 2012 Expansion of commercial network: acquisition of Arcom in Russia and PT Integra in Indonesia. Partnership with PayPal
- 2013 Acquisition of Ogone / leading pan-European online service provider
- 2014 Ingenico becomes Ingenico Group with three commercial brands; Ingenico Smart Terminals, Ingenico Payment Services and Ingenico Mobile Solutions
- 2015 Creation of the Ingenico ePayments brand combining the GlobalCollect Ogone offerings. Achievement of milestone of 2 Billion euros in annual revenue
- 2016 Rise of the omnichannel solutions. Majority stake in Lyudia (Japan) and acquisition of Nera Payment Solutions (Southeast Asia). New strategic plan 2016-2020
- 2017 Acquisition of Bambora (Sweden), IECISA (Spain) and Techprocess (India). Creation of two global customer-centric Business Units: Retail and Banks & Acquirers
Senior Vice President, Commercial / Enterprise Retail
Director of IT & Service Delivery
Head of Legal and Compliance
Director of HR
Director of Operations
Director of Sales & Business Development
Head or Banking and ISOs
Head of Finance