We believe that a clear understanding of processes and how they interact is critical in enabling a business to succeed. With Opmodal we capture business processes as a living repository – bringing benefits at every stage in the life of an organisation:
- Defining a business – Opmodal gives clarity regarding business processes, ownership and dependencies
- Transforming a business – Opmodal facilitates faster & more efficient change design and delivery, avoiding repeated spend on process discovery.
- Running a business – Opmodal better governance of a company’s processes, understanding where costs, risks and issues arise.
Opmodal is designed to offer Operational Clarity, Faster Change & Tighter Control for any organisation:
Opmodal brings clarity to process ownership, visualises dependencies between flows – and provides a centralised repository of procedural & technical documentation.
- View the business from the top down in the Process Hub.
- Record any ‘As Is’ and ‘To Be’ models, track review & sign-off status, and use the opportunity to clarify process ownership.
- Use the SIPOC representation in opmodal to provide clear operational understanding regarding how processes flow – and how they connect.
- The Document Library provides an easy mechanism to link together any pre-existing procedural or technical documentation which already exists in your organisation.
Opmodal drives quicker impact analysis, and immediate clarity about where changes impact processes and how those processes relate to each other – much more efficient delivery of change.
- Consistency of language for process participants, allied to our contextual search saves huge amounts of time when performing impact analysis.
- The Connected Processes function shows where a given process sits in the wider end-to-end flow within a business.
- Copy any process state and use this as the basis for an evolved interim or target process state – and visually present the differences via the State Comparison tool.
- Log any project risks, issues, actions & dependencies and link directly to the impacted processes for enhanced clarity.
- Opmodal provides a platform for you to keep an eye on your business risks, issues, costs and process inefficiencies. Full audit history of all design changes made to current and any interim or target process flows
- Internal RAID Log to record any business risks, actions issues and dependencies – and link them to the impacted processes for absolute clarity.
- Crystal clear process ownership and demarcation of lines of responsibility between different teams.
- Time, average wait time and rate card data can be captured against process steps to facilitate focus on areas of the business which require attention.
- Live Process, Control and Documentation library to promote training and understanding of how a business operates
The original concept for the software was inspired by the observation by Nick Ross of a Process Improvement Team using Lean Six Sigma SIPOC diagrams to document all the key processes as part of the merger of two asset management firms.
Simultaneously, Colin Kerr & Graeme Henderson were launching a business change consultancy (LiqidSolutions) which sought to do things differently. The key concept behind LiqidSolutions was that a consultancy should always add value for the clients – get in, do the work required of specialist resources – and get out again. When Nick and Colin met while working together on a client assignment, they each realised that the embryonic idea for what became Opmodal was in tune with the principles underlying LiqidSolutions and Nick became part of the LiqidSolutions team.
A prototype and the first SaaS version of the product were then developed, before LiqidSolutions was rebranded as Opmodal as the enterprise offering was delivered in late 2022 to reflect our focus on delivering value with our platform at the core of all our services.
Jonathan Sim was previously the Global Head of Operations at Aberdeen Asset Management. Following the £550bn+ AuM merger of Aberdeen and Standard Life he led the development of a new platform and operating model for the Asset Manager that both companies could be consolidated onto, which covered the Front, Middle and Back Office environments. Having utilised agile and scrum approaches to accelerate IT development he joined Opmodal in 2023 looking to enable an equivalent improvement in Business Process Management.
Colin Kerr – Co-Founder & Partner
Nicholas Ross – Co-Founder & Partner
Jonathan Sim – Partner
Graeme Henderson – CFO